Homeabout mestart a teamSpecial Needs OrganizationFavorite DesignsDonateContact

Friday, March 18, 2011

What Kind of Youth Volunteer are You?

Now that you have decided to volunteer, here is a great quiz to lead you in the right direction of what kind of volunteer organization would work best for your. {hopefully its the Polished Girlz all the way!}
Thanks to YouthNoise for this awesome head start.


What causes or issues matter most to me? Education? Health? Homelessness?
  • What organizations address this issue?
  • Are these organizations in my community?
  • Where can I find more information about these organizations? (The magical Internet is usually a good place to start.)
  1. Am I concerned about a cause for which there is no organization?
    • Would I like to learn how to tackle a new issue?
    • Do I know other people who would be interested in taking this on with me?
    • What's the best way to do this? Should we start an online campaign or a school club or perhaps a secret society?
  2. What types of things am I good at doing? (Writing, working with kids, construction work, art, interpretive dance)
    • Can my skills from a hobby or recreational activity benefit others?
    • Do I want to use my talents as a volunteer?
    • Do I want to learn a new set of skills?
  3. What would I most like to learn by volunteering?
  4. What DON'T I want to do as a volunteer?
  5. Do I want an ongoing, short-term or one-time assignment? Do I want to start a serious relationship, or would I prefer to keep things casual?
  6. How much time do I really have to spare?
  7. Do I want my volunteer work to start immediately?
  8. Do I want to work alone, with a group or with family and friends?
    • What kind of people do I want to work with? What kind of people do I NOT want to work with? (Fear of clowns should be noted)
  9. Do I want to take a training course if the agency or organization offers it?
Enjoy Girlz!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers
Install by Artemisa Blogs